Saturday, December 16, 2006

In Memorium - Ruby Olar - Rest in Peace

Ruby Olar

This week the Tai Chi Community lost a special teacher. I met Ruby Olar during our Tai Chi for Arthritis certification training in May of 2004. His warm smile, generous personality and passion for teaching showed in everything he did. He loved his students, speaking of them highly and often. We kept in touch via email and shared our common passions for Tai Chi, spirituality and teaching. Ruby, you will be missed.

If you would like to express your condolences to the family, please CLICK HERE.

Memorial Service Scheduled for Wednesday, December 20th, 6PM at
Miller Chapel on Baylor Campus; Waco, Texas

2 comments:

KenkakuKnight said...

It's great to find someone who also knew Sifu Olar. I was one of his students, and I appreciated all the knowledge he had to offer. I don't believe I'll get a response since this is an older post, but may I ask where the two of you got certified in Tai Chi for Arthritis?

Sifu Chris said...

Hello Toan,

I am not sure if you will even get this email but Ruby became certified through the Arthritis Foundation in May of 04 with me.
We help host one certification workshop each year (next year will be in Dallas) and as the Senior TCA Instructor in Texas, I help Dr. Paul Lam's Master Trainer (Troyce Thome) instruct throughout the weekend.

If you are interested in becoming certified, please contact Margaret Gillette of the Arthritis Foundation at the following email address:
"Margaret Gillette" mgillett@arthritis.org

Thank you,

--
Sifu Chris Bouguyon
Chris@SimplyAware.com
www.SimplyAware.com
214-476-1721

"In life there is no greater
purpose than service to others"